Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Sometimes, your novel is a Rubik's Cube

My most recent edits transformed my novel from Frankenstein-ish into more of a Rubik's cube pattern. The colors are starting to align, and newer threads are finally melding with the first draft. Chapter 10 is much more solid, and soon I'll be able to tackle the next parts. And even if I have to undo a few things to get there (also like a Rubik's cube) they'll all fit together eventually.

So, take heart. Your novel can go from a fractured blob:


To a almost pattern, sometimes in a matter of days:



(Photos courtesy of freeimages.com)

Just remember what your subconscious is telling you--what to eliminate, what to keep. And listen to your gut. What's working? What's not?

More about this in my recent Operation Awesome post.

Have a great week everyone!

No comments: